Medication plays a pivotal role in preventing, treating and managing a wide range of conditions associated with veterinary healthcare. The Dispensary role requires diligent overseeing of the safe and accurate distribution of drugs as prescribed, complying with the legal and regulatory requirements.
Roles can vary but duties can also include; ordering of vaccine and medication, monitoring stock and expiry dates, assisting with vaccination programmes, monthly stock reports, collating stock usage and trends, keeping accurate records and liaising with new and existing drug companies.
The Dispensary role can sometimes also include a range of other general practice duties.
Key areas of responsibility can include:
- Safe and accurate distribution of prescribed drugs
- Comprehensive paperwork and record keeping
- Legal and regulatory administration
- Stock control and monitoring
- Vaccination programmes
- Reporting on stock quantities, usage and trends
- Liaising with drug companies
- General practice duties
Talk to us today about appointing your Dispensary role